The VEX Robot is strongly supported by many famous institutions including NASA, Dell EMC, and the Asian Robotics Alliance. The VEX Robot’s science, technology, engineering, and mathematics have been accepted by many countries. Receiving awards from VEX competitions is also a noticeable accomplishment for students who are applying to prestigious schools.
The Vex Robotics Competition is a worldwide contest that is aimed to promote interest in robotics, science, technology, engineering, and math for middle and high school students. It teaches teenagers the importance of cooperation, teamwork, and sportsmanship. Students also gain important leadership skills as well as the ability to understand the complex topics of a worldwide competition. Awards from VEX Robotics Competitions are also a beneficial experience for students to include when applying to top colleges and universities.
Using robots as a teaching tool, students increase their knowledge and potential in STEM, improve their communication skills, as well as show their own skills. They can use these skills to pursue their dreams in science and technology.
In this course, you will:
- explain a professional overview of the engineering professions, engineering ethics, and basic computing machinery
- display proficiency in knowledge about measurements, units, conversion, and engineering approximations
- calculate the physical elements and basic engineering statics (2D force and the balance of force)
- calculate the effect of the strain of elasticity and compression on the robot
- calculate mechanical energy, mechanical work, and power
- explain how basic structures are used in the real world
- have a basic understanding of electronic components, sensing, and driving
- control the programming of the robot
- work with team members, design and manufacture independently, as well as control the movement of the robot
2018 VEX NY Robot Design Award
2018 VEX NY Excellent Award
2018 VEX NY Championship
2019-2020 VEX Excellent Award
2019-2020 VEX Judges Award
2019-2020 VEX Robot Design Award
2019-2020 VEX NY Championship
2019-2020 VEX Represent NY to the World Championship